Independent Y Axis

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Mikhail,

It's great to see that you are working again on D3.

I've been using the InjectedPlotter to generate line graphs from 2 (or more) data sources where the Y axis min/max of the data source is significantly different.

This works okay when property change notification is used to ensure the X-axis of the two viewports is kept in sync.

However, this involves manually setting the viewport visible range and doing this takes the InjectedPlotter out of "FitToView" mode.  This means that after changing the injected plotters data, I need to manually call FitToView and sometimes even doing this doesn't correctly set the visible area.  I think this is a timing issue.

It would be great if D3 supported this scenario directly (i.e. the ability to have an independent Y-Axis with dependent X-axis).

Even better would be the ability to specify how mouse zooming in the plotter should change the main and/or independent y-axis.

This could be one of three modes

- Zoom main & independant

- Zoom main only

- Zoom independant only

This setting would work in conjunction with a setting that specifies how the main & independent viewports should be linked which would be one of the following:

- X & Y Axis linked

- X Axis linked

- Y Axis Linked.

Grant.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Grant,

thank you for your ideas, in the nearest future will implement.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Hi Grant,
I have implemented almost all functionality you've described.
Please take a look at TwoIndependedAxes sample in D3.Current solution in source code.
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
My freelance CV - searching for remote work
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hi Mikhail,

I am very glad to see you working on D3 (D3 Future).

The last version of D3 that I could get to build was Dec 9, 2009 and I cannot get the current version (today 12.20.2010) to build.

How can we look at the the Independent Y Axis project if we cannot get D3 to build?

I may be using the wrong solution.

It is very frustrating to want to see the progress that has been made in the last year and not be able to build D3 future.

Thank you for all the work that you have shared - I use D3 every day.

Best regards,
David Roh
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM
David,

Sorry for solutions that is impossible to build.
And there Main/sln/D3.Current.sln.
It should be able to build.
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
My freelance CV - searching for remote work
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Thank you Mikhail - david

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Thank you Mikhail,

It builds and runs without any issues.

David Roh